Davidson Village Network thrives because so many caring volunteers make “DVN life” engaging and responsive to member interests and needs. We have three types of volunteer opportunities (service, organizational, and Board membership) covering an array of rewarding ways for you to employ your time and talents.
SERVICE VOLUNTEERS provide direct services to members. Some examples of these services are listed below. Note that you do not have to commit to driving members to be a service volunteer.
- Driving members locally (Mooresville, Davidson, Cornelius, Huntersville); we do not provide rides to Charlotte
- Running errands
- Making friendly phone calls or visits
- Helping around the home
- Providing technology assistance
- Attending DVN events
ORGANIZATIONAL VOLUNTEERS provide administrative and committee support per examples below. Do not feel confined by these – let us know your skills and interests and we’ll look to accommodate. Please note, DVN does not have a physical office. Other than meetings and events at designated locations, volunteer activities are based remotely.
- Handling email & phone inquiries
- Helping with Member intake, orientation and requests
- Entering data
- Helping with marketing & outreach
- Helping with programs & events
- Taking photos at events
- Helping with financial management tasks
- Helping with fundraising
BOARD MEMBERS provide leadership, community representation and organizational stewardship such as
- Strategic planning
- Organizational development
- Performance assessment
- Member satisfaction
DVN AMBASSADOR is a fourth volunteer opportunity open to DVN Members only.
Ambassadors are DVN members who want to help new members enjoy and benefit from their membership in these ways:
- Reaching out to welcome new members
- Informing new members about upcoming New Member Social Events
- Helping new members get connected to the services and activities that they would like
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER? Any adult (18 years or older) who wants to contribute to the mission of Davidson Village Network is welcome to volunteer. This includes DVN members, some of whom are DVN Service Volunteers, Organizational Volunteers or Ambassadors. Children under 18 can also volunteer if they are supervised by a parent or guardian. Volunteers will be trained and supported in all their volunteer activities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION about volunteering with DVN, call (980) 689-1843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can download a volunteer application by clicking here, and email it as an attachment or mail it to us at DVN, P.O. Box 327, Davidson, NC 28036.