Do you know someone who might benefit from our enriching and supportive senior services? Read more about Davidson Village Network below.
We will enrich the lives of older adults, empowering them to thrive in home and community by providing a network of trusted resources, caring support and social connectedness.
Davidson village Network thinks globally an acts locally as change agents to redefine what it mean to age in America.
DVN Values include:
Click here for a brief history about Davidson Village Network.
Click here for Davidson Village Network’s Board of Directors.
Davidson Village Network came out of an interest in establishing an organization of “neighbors helping neighbors,” inspired by the proven success of Boston’s Beacon Hill Village, operating since 2002. Currently there are more than 300 such villages in operation or in various stages of development throughout the U.S., organized nationally through the Village to Village Network (www.vtvnetwork.org). Our goals are to help seniors aging in place, where they feel comfortable.
The Characteristics of a Village
- Villages are “volunteer first,” organizations that use trained volunteers to deliver services whenever possible.
- Villages provide “one call does it all” support and problem-solving for their members.
- Volunteers provide services such as transportation, shopping, household chores, gardening, and light home repairs and maintenance for members. These services fill the gaps in current existing public services.
- Villages positively impact isolation, interdependence, health and purpose of their individual members to reduce overall cost of care.
- Villages build relationships and develop community through social activities such as potlucks, book clubs, exercise/wellness activities, and educational and cultural programs.
Davidson Village Network is a member of the Village to Village Network.
Why Look into Senior Services?
How Local Senior Services like DVN can help
1.) Greater Independence
2.) Healthier and Safer Living Environment
3.) Greater Comfort
4.) Easier to Stay Close to Family and Friends
5.) Convenience and Cost Savings